Professor Michael Gibson
Assistant Professor Architecture
Michael Gibson joined the Department of Architecture at Kansas State University in 2011 as an Assistant Professor, teaching design studios, digital design and fabrication, construction technology, and environmental systems. In the past, Michael’s students have also collaborated with community and industry partners to design and build full-scale projects with immersive learning and technology research outcomes.
Michael received his professional M.Arch degree (’06) from the Harvard Graduate School of Design and his B.A.Arch (’02) from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and is credentialed as a LEED Accredited Professional. During his time on the faculty at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, he was a fellow at the Center for Energy Research, Education, and Service (CERES) and the Institute for Digital Fabrication. He is a member of the editorial board of Enquiry, the Journal of the Architectural Research Centers Consortium, and an Associate Member of the American Institute of Architects.
Honors & Awards
- NCARB Award for the Integration of Practice and Education
- Received in November of 2013
- Presented by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- 2011 Best Paper Award, Annual Research Conference
- Received in January of 2012
- Presented by the Architectural Research Centers Consortium